- Two halves fit together by twisting/screwing.
- The coil parts (5 total) can be completely disassembled by hand (by unscrewing) so disassembly is easy, and each component can be cleaned separately.
- The coil vaporizer is thermally insulated, (due to an air gap between the inner and outer coils), therefore the outer surface does not become hot.
- Uses flame heat very efficiently, because it is so well insulated. This makes it good to use in cold weather.
The coil vaporizer tends to run hotter than our other vaporizers, since little heat is lost to the outer surfaces.
The coil vaporizer has some limitations that buyers should be aware of:
- The flame intake hole is on the end-face, not the side like in the aluminum bat. This makes it a little harder to locate the flame properly. We don’t think this is a big issue, however, since the shape of the coil vaporizer provides some visibility.
- The coil vaporizer is flexible. Stepping on the vaporizer can damage the ceramic filter.
Spare replacement coils are available at reasonable cost if customers need replacements.