- CNC machined and anodized aluminum pipe body.
- Your choice of any wood top. Teak and black are shown.
- Bowl is stainless and permanently mounted in aluminum bottom.
- The bottom can be cleaned with alcohol or hot soapy water. This is not possible with wooden pipes.
- This pipe is shorter in height than the classics which improves the ergonomics slightly.
- The stainless steel bowl is insulated from the aluminum body by a layer of air, so the aluminum does not heat up very much. It will become pleasantly warm after several draws.
- Do NOT use the stainless steel brushes on these pipes! Steel brushes will scratch and damage the anodization inside the pipe. Only clean bottom with soft pipecleaners or solvents.
This product is the new model of the aluminum pipe VG. The only difference is the shape. They are shorter by about 0.8 inches, and heavier by about 0.9 ounces (25 grams). Like the old style aluminum pipe VG, they have a CNC machined and anodized aluminum pipe body. They come with the same top we use on the Classic VG. You can have any classic top you want (colored, flame finished, clear finish or waxed). We think the Black or Teak top looks best. If you want a different top, select "other" and let us know what top you want in the customer note section at the end of checkout.
The bottom has a stainless steel bowl press fit into the aluminum body. The bowl is the same size and depth as the bowl of the Classic VG, Aluminum Bat VG and the Handcarved pipes.
These pipes offer a couple advantages compared to the classic models:
- The aluminum base can be easily cleaned by soaking in a pipe-cleaning solvent such as alcohol or hot soapy water. This is not possible with any of the wooden pipes.
- The pipe is not as tall as the classic VGs (height of 2.3" versus 2.8"), because the bowl is sunk into the pipe bottom. This improves the ergonomics slightly, because the the air intake hole is a little lower and therefore easier to see. That makes it easier to position the flame correctly.
In use, these pipes require approximately the same amount of flame application as our other pipes. These pipes are substantially heavier than the Classic Handcarved VGs. They weigh 4.6 ounces (135 grams), compared to 2.0 ounces (57 grams) for the handcarved pipes (including the tops).
You can choose any top you want. If you want one that isn't listed just let us know in the customer note section on checkout.
- Aluminum with black top - Review by Mark
First, shipping was immediate. Customer service has been superb.
After 40 years of combustion/smoke, I'm so glad I discovered this new experience.
I watched the "Flame Application" video 3 times. Right away, very easy to achieve a very nice draw with remarkable results.
The machining is fantastic. A work-of-art vapor generator.
Brilliant, ground breaking invention.
The inventor also, obviously, has no use for greed. Impressively reasonable price.
If this was junk, I'd say so.
Instead, I rate this an outstanding vapor unit and American company.
(Posted on 5/4/16)
- improvement - Review by Gregory
To my knowledge the Vaporgenie isn't a knock off for another product. Though, the vaporgenie is a lower budget vaporizer. The genie is a more of a value product for your money. So, after using the Classic Vaporgenie for about a year i can say that this vaporizer was worth the purchase. There is a learning curve, and how to properly hover the flame above the ceramic top. Besides the first few sessions getting used to the vaporgenie,the vaporizer is fantastic for those looking to get into vaping. I ordered the aluminium vaporgenie, which is an improved version of the classic.The body doesn't heat because there is a smaller body. It doesn't get as hot as the precious one. The black and chrome color scheme is the best.
(Posted on 9/9/15)
- Cool little piece - Review by Kevin
I ordered this beaut about a week ago (week ago) and so far I'm digging it. It doesn't take much to get the hang of it, and once you do it's super chill. The weight is balanced nicely and feels pretty solid in my hand. Overall, it's a cool little piece to have and the highs that the vapor will give you is a nice change from your ordinary combustion piece.
(Posted on 1/9/15)
- Good device. - Review by MARTIN
This is a good device for a non powered unit.
This portable vape is not meant to replace your tabletop unit. It will not give a big exhale cloud.
Worked right away without any kind of learning curve. Just follow the instructions.
If you want/need a non powered portable and inexpensive vaporizer this is the one.
(Posted on 11/12/14)